In yoga the other day, it came to me that I should blog for 100 days. There are a lot of reasons I am inspired to do this, much of which I’m sure I’ll talk about in the next 100 days! But one of them came from meeting Ben Nemtin the other night.
Ben Nemtin is one of the co-creators of The Buried Life, and I got to see him speak in a super cool building in Long Beach to 200 lululemon employees. His main message: Do what you want to do before you die. He and his three friends made a list of 100 things twelve years ago (one of them? play basketball with President Obama, and they did it!). They only have 9 items left to go on their list.
I am a writer. My purpose here (which I got to identify during a lululemon retreat called Purpose & Practice; more on that in another post) is WORDS. Speaking them, reading them, writing them, knowing when NOT to speak them, using them to stand up for what is right. And if I am a writer, and writers write, then why was I not writing?
Good question. So here I am, writing.
Ben had us write our own bucket lists. I’m a very goal-oriented person, so I know most of what I want to accomplish during my time here. But here are some highlights:
- Stay in a hut in Bora Bora
- Have a house in the Pacific Northwest
- Have a second baby
- Go back to Japan and see the school where I worked + apologize to my supervisor for how I left
- Write and publish a book
- Go to Santorini
- Renew our vows in the forest
- Go to the Churami Aquarium in Okinawa
- See the Grand Canyon
- Ride underwater in a submarine
- Go to Disneyworld with Violet
- Wipe out the school loans my dad took out for me
- Read 1,000 books in my lifetime
- Make a quilt
- Get a hybrid
- Blog for 100 days in a row
What’s on your bucket list?
See you for the next 100 days!